This pandemic has been weighing on me, and I think being isolated from people and distractions has ultimately given me more time to focus on myself.
If you remember my last post I highlighted on ways to be more productive, spend time doing things that they love or have wanted to do. All around me from the news, friends, fellow content creators, etc there’s been so much emphasis on DOING. I admit I’ve been guilty of it, I’ve preached the same message and I still believe now is the perfect time to do all those things, if you’re able. Still I recognize this isn’t the case for everyone. Some of us are having a hard time. You shouldn’t push yourself to do more than you have to. You shouldn’t feel guilty for focusing on yourself and just getting through the day. I’ve had many of those days.
I think now more than ever, it’s so important for us to be human.
- There is no right way to feel – Nobody can tell you how to feel in this moment. There isn’t a playbook for how anyone is supposed to react. There’s so much going on all around us, but difficult things are also happening close to home and to the people that mean the most to us. If you’re not doing okay, that’s okay. If you need to take time to just be present, do that too. Never feel guilty. Only do what feels right to you.
- Self Care Is The Best Care – What is self-care for you? What brings you the most peace of mind? How do you unwind after a long day? We’re home now and for many of us, are safe indoors. I’ve been stressed and overwhelmed with things in my life that are going on making it hard to feel like I can truly relax. Still, I dedicate time for me and make it a priority because it’s so IMPORTANT. We all need to unwind, relax, decompress. Just like we schedule everything else in our usually jam packed days, we should make it just as much as a priority to do the same for ourselves. Make time each week or for a set amount of time each day to take care of the person that matters most — YOU.
- Lean on Friends and Loved Ones – I’ve always found its so helpful to just talk about it. Through catching up with friends over the last month I realized we literally ALL FEEL THE SAME! I found some much solace in the fact that this pandemic affects us all. We’re all dealing with a range of emotions and taking things day by day. If you’re feeling sad, or anxious, or just need to talk I promise things will always seem a little bit better after a great conversation with a friend or anyone else you trust.
- Do Something Fun – If you’re feeling up for it, try something new! I’ve recently rediscovered my love for gardening and have been preparing to start my own! If there’s something you want to try, do it. There’s so many amazing online resources, free classes, webinars, etc on so many subjects. Play games. Watch Netflix. Do what helps bring a smile to your face.
- Reconnect with You– This can be to your religion or spirituality, journaling and self-reflection, mediation, etc. I journal all the time. It helps me process my thoughts and feelings when sometimes it’s difficult for me to do so.
I hope these tips help and remind you that’s it’s okay. Leave a comment of one of the five tips that most resonated with you and how you’ve been adjusting and practice self love during this period! ALSO — be sure to follow my Youtube channel if you haven’t already! I’m finally restarting my channel after FIVE FREAKING YEARS. I’ll be uploading a new video each weekend and would love to have you join the party. I’m always searching for new content ideas so if you have something specific you’d like to see let me know. See you next week!